Name of organisation
Antananarivo Information and Awareness Centre
Number of staff
Number of visitors per year
Overall aims of the centre
"To inform and educate future users of natural resources".
- To inform pupils, students, members of clubs or groups about the importance of biodiversity and the environment in general.
- To encourage pupils and students to take responsibility and good practice in relation to environmental issues.
- To inform pupils and students about the importance of biodiversity, particularly Malagasy biodiversity.
- To assist teachers in the preparation and treatment of environmental themes dictated by the school curriculum.
- To sensitise visitors to environmental problems and encourage them to take part in the necessary measures to obtain solutions.
Description of the centre
Main CEPA work area
Education of young children; Working with primary schools; Working with secondary schools; Developing resources / materials
Top three successes
ANIMATION WORKSHOP, PROJECTION, EXHIBITION: these activities took place every Wednesday afternoon. (the day the schools are closed. So the targets have time to visit the Centre.
Top three challenges
NATURE OUTING: insufficient or lack of financial means and the realisation of this activity depends on the availability of the targets.
Producing written materials; Using audio-visual tools
Running a visitor centre
Working with disabled people; Engaging hard-to-reach groups; Engaging young people; Engaging the local community; Working with volunteers
Education and communication
Early years education; Working with primary schools; Working with secondary schools; Developing resources / materials
Join WLI free and create your own member profile showcasing the work you are doing.