There are eight topics:
- Impacts of COVID-19 on wetlands
- Nature-based Solutions (NbS) and ecosystem-based approaches to disaster risk reduction (Eco-DRR)
- Wetland management, conservation and restoration
- Wise use of wetlands
- Wetland education, nature and art
- Urban and rural wetlands
- Multi-stakeholder participation and citizen science
- Regional policy issues
Find fuller descriptions on the topics, and the process of submitting abstracts on the AWS9 website.
The Asian Wetland Symposium is supported by the Ramsar Regional Centre – East Asia, the city of Suncheon, Ramsar Center Japan, and Wetlands International.