GREPOM: Groupe de recherche pour la protection des oiseaux au Maroc
Number of staff:
Number of visitors per year:
More than 920 schoolchildren with their teachers, associations and ornithologists in addition to individuals (since its opening in July 2016)
Overall aims of the centre
1/Sensitize the public to the heritage and socio-economic importance of Moroccan wetlands in general and those of the Sidi Moussa-Oualidia lagoon complex in particular.
2/Provide educational institutions with tools to illustrate Life and Earth Sciences courses.
Key CEPA activities
Visits to the Information Centre
– Exhibition: guided or free visit
– Audio-visual presentations with commentary
– Oral presentations
– Guided/controlled games for children
– Bird documentation
2/Guided tours of the wetlands of the Oualidia lagoon and surrounding wetlands.
– Guided observations of ecosystem components and functioning
– Identification of components of heritage and socio-economic value
– Identification of threats to the identified values
– Group discussion on various aspects of the visit
– Bird watching in their natural habitats.
– Winter census of waterbirds.
– Regular monitoring of waterbirds.
These are exhibitions designed on free and light supports, which can be transported to various institutions in the region (mainly school/university). They can focus on the “Wetlands of Morocco” or the “Birds of Morocco”.
– Organisation of training/internships in various environmental themes.
– Leading seminars organised by Partners: World Wetlands Day, International Waterbirds and Wetlands Days, etc.
– Hosting of summer thematic exhibitions (occupying the external space of the IF): travelling exhibition on “Biodiversity of Morocco”, designed by AMAB, CNRST and the British Council; Paintings related to Nature, etc.
– Organization of regional competitions related to the conservation of wetlands, birds, biodiversity, etc.
Areas of experience
Use of audiovisual tools
Education and communication
Early childhood education; Adult education; Working with primary schools; Working with secondary and primary schools
Abdelhak FAHMI, Commune Territoriale de l’Oualidia, Centre de l’Oualidia. Mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Morocco.
Website : www.grepom.org
Join WLI free and create your own member profile showcasing the work you are doing.