Name of organisation
Environmental Conservation Research and Development Center (ECRDC)
Central and local Government, Domestic and International organizations
Number of staff
Number of visitors per year
Not wetland center, it is NGO that that facilitates program on wetland and wetland conservation .
Overall aims of the centre
The main objectives of Environmental Conservation Research and Development Center are to support the implementation of Sustainable development, Environment and Green development policies; to promote the environmentally-friendly new technologies and scientific research results to practice.
The following activities will be implemented in order to achieve the above mentioned objectives. These include:
Conducting a project on Improving the management of Mongolian PA, designing and monitoring;
• Conducting scientific investigation for designation on State SPA;
• Researching and contracting projects for the establishment of trans-boundary PA;
• Conducting investigation surveys of PA and to develop nominations for World Heritage, Man and Biosphere Reserves and Ramsar sites, also submits national reports and documents to them;
Description of the centre
Types of habitats and species supported:
Our ECRDC NGO was established in 2012 and operates on conservation nature and environment. These include:
• Scientific rationale for State protection from the territory of Mongolia;
• Develop a management plan for SPA and monitoring its implementation;
• Develop nomination of World Heritage List and a basis for registering UNESCO’s Biosphere Reserves network;
• Hierarchical training is provided to specialists, rangers, personnel of the PA and managers of biosphere reserves and wetland centers.
• Ensure environmental protection and ecological education for children and youth training, seminars, photo competitions and exhibitions.
• Publishing of environmental protection brochures and posters
Main CEPA work area
-To ensure the implementation of international Conventions such as the Convention on Biological Diversity, the Ramsar Convention, the Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Asia Pacific Regional Environmental Program and to prepare national reports and documents on the implementation of these Conventions;
-Research on environmental conditions, environmental monitoring, climate change in Mongolia and natural disasters;
-Promoting sustainable forest and water conservation management and promoting poverty reduction in this area;
-Activities to support and promote ecological tourism and rural development;
-Organize training and awareness raising on the dissemination of new scientific and technological advances in environment and ecology.
Top three successes
a) Developed more than 21 scientific designation documents for new SPA of Mongolia, was submitted to the Ministry of Nature and Environment (2012 - 2019).
b) Developed Conception of Regional Development Centers and Training, information programs of SPA and served as a national consultant to some international environmental projects.
C) Has been developed several nomination document for the World Heritage List, and UNESCO's Biosphere Reserves Network and submitted to Government and international organizations based on our chief expert's many years of experience to the government and science work.
Top three challenges
Some published books, scientific papers, reports and policy documents.
Producing written materials; Using audio-visual tools; Developing nature trails
Working with disabled people; Engaging hard-to-reach groups; Engaging young people; Engaging the local community; Working with volunteers
Education and communication
Delivering adult education; Working with primary schools; Lobbying / running campaigns; Working with secondary schools; Developing resources / materials
Auditing / assessing effectiveness; PR and marketing; Running effective administration; Health and safety; Fund-raising; Project planning.
Join WLI free and create your own member profile showcasing the work you are doing.