Birds connect our world! And every year, we connect school children in video conferences and visits to their wetland centres.
In May and October 2020, school children around the world will have the chance to visit their local wetland centre and then tell other children all about it by video conference!
The questions we will ask in the East Atlantic Flyway are:
• Did you see a common tern?
• Do common terns visit your reserve at other times?
• Did you see an osprey?
• Do osprey visit your reserve at other times?
• Did you see godwits?
• Do godwits visit your reserve at other times?
• Did you see spoonbill?
• Do spoonbills visit your reserve at other times?
• Did you see red knot?
• Do red knots visit your reserve at other times?
• Did you see any birds with rings on their legs, collars on their necks, or GPS tags?
• What other activity did you do?
Show us the drawings you made or coloured in!
• Can you show us a tern?
• Can you show us an osprey?
• Can you show us a godwit?
• Can you show us a spoonbill?
• Can you show us a red knot?
• Can you show us your local species?
In other regions we will ask similar questions but we will chose species relevant to the participating centres. Generic questions would include:
- Did you see any birds with rings on their legs, collars on their necks, or GPS tags?
- What other activity did you do?
Would you like to take part? You will need relations with a local school which has:
- school children who can speak with children elsewhere, possibly in a second language
- facilities for a Skype (or similar) video conference
We will work to arrange video conferences at a suitable time for groups of pupils with comparable language skills. If you can take part, please help us promote the activity with video. For this, we need permission and consent forms signed by parents/guardians. With these forms we can make videos available afterwards. Without them, there will be no representation of your participation! If some of your participants do not receive permission from their parents to have their image shared, please arrange the seating layout so we can be clear whom to edit out when we make the highlights video.