Taiwan

Pheasant-tailed Jacana Conservation Park

By Connor Walsh / 26th February 2024

About Name of organisation Wild Bird Society of Tainan Funding support Government and Fundraising Number of staff 6 Number of visitors per year 12,000 to 20,000 people Overall aims of the centre Pheasant-tailed Jacana Conservation Park is a artificial Wetlands to responsible for species conservation to wetland biodiversity and keep population stability of the Pheasant-tailed…

Read More

Lujiao Creek Constructed Wetland Junior Water Environment Patrol Team

By Connor Walsh / 24th January 2024

About Name of organisation Lujiao Creek Constructed Wetland Junior Water Environment Patrol Team Funding support Environmental Protection Bureau of New Taipei City Government and Education Bureau of New Taipei City Government Number of staff There are 123 members in the Patrol Team including teachers, volunteers and students. Number of visitors per year About 5,000 people…

Read More

Taiwan Environmental Information Association

By digital@wwt.org.uk / 3rd March 2018

About Taiwan Environmental Information Association (TEIA) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization established in Taipei, Taiwan in June 2001. TEIA’s mission is to work towards a world where human coexists harmoniously with nature. Currently, TEIA has a team of nearly 60 staff members, both full-time and part-time, regular interns, and hundreds of volunteers, with one…

Read More
Guandu visitor centre

Guandu Nature Park

By digital@wwt.org.uk / 28th February 2018

A Star Wetland Centre! Recognised in 2022 as a Star Wetland Visitor Centre. Find out more. About Funding support The Wild Bird Society of Taipei raises about 80% of the funds needed to operate the Reserve through visitor income and private / corporate donations and the Taipei City Government provides the remaining 20% through various…

Read More